May 31, 2011

{Wear} A Long-Awaited Modcloth Review

Hi readers!

Happy belated holiday weekend and short week!

Thank you all for the kind words about the disappointing news on my Rebecca Minkoff purchase. I still haven't found it on eBay, but you'll be the first to know when I do!

About a month ago, I posted about a few items I had my eye on from ModCloth, Urban Outfitters and J. Crew. I would say that my shopping excursion was mostly successful. The I-conical blouse from Modcloth is first up on my review. I apologize in advance for only one photo. This was the only one that was in focus.



The overall design is what attracted me to this blouse. The fluttery lapel, the short sleeves, and even the cute golden, conical buttons (hence the witty name). This blouse isn't quite sleeveless as there is a mini cap sleeve which adds to the breezy feel. The style itself is a feminine air on a military theme and the navy color helps to nudge it further into the nautical realm.

There were two things about this blouse that would be a styling issue for me. First, the length was a tad too short for my long torso. I usually like blouses to hit mid-hip, but this blouse falls just above my hips. If you have a shorter torso, this will not be an issue. Also, the buttons are too heavy for such a sheer, lightweight top. I found myself having to readjust while taking photos. Over the course of a day at work, this might become annoying for some. I highly recommend wearing a neutral camisole underneath for both the sheerness and the potential wardrobe malfunction.

Overall, it's a beautiful blouse! I would wear this with highwaist jeans or a highwaist skirt. If you like it, you can buy it here from Modcloth on sale!! There are still a few left!

nrelate

rewardStyle Tracking

Google Analytics

dropdown navbar

Pin It button on image hover