December 10, 2011

{ Want } Jeepers Peepers



Hi readers and happy Sunday! I hope your weekend is going well so far. I've had a successful Saturday, which I will share in a separate post. I'll give you a hint; my 5+ year search is finally over!

I've been in the market for a new pair of eyeglasses for a while now. I’ve always found the selection at the eye doctor to be way too expensive. Even with insurance the prices were outrageous. Add the little extras like choosing a thinner lens or anti-reflective coating and the price quickly skyrockets.

Old-school webcam photo of previous frames.

Old School Close-up - Glasses

When I was contacted by GlassesUSA.com to take a peek at their site and to let you all know my thoughts, I saw it as an opportunity to get my glasses fix without breaking the bank. They carry both non-designer and designer brands with the most expensive pair for women topping out at $145! The last time I shopped for a pair at the eye doctor, the frames alone were well over $250.


Current spectacles. See original post here.

Current-Glasses


While perusing the site I noticed that it was quite easy to narrow down the type of glasses I was looking for. It was like heaven seeing all the options. Prescription glasses, frame shape and styles just to name a few. I see a pair of prescription sunglasses in my future for the days I’m not in the mood for my contacts!


One cool feature is the virtual mirror. All you have to do is upload a picture of your face and “try-on” the glasses to get an idea of how it will look. I did find that I had to readjust my photo to get the virtual frame to fit my face with each pair. Slightly tedious, but it did help me to see how certain frames would look on my face.

A few of my choices.

Jeepers Peepers


All-in-all this site isn’t bad to find cheap eyeglasses, especially while on a budget. I may finally be able to fulfill my dream of having 2 or more pairs of frames to choose from.



nrelate

rewardStyle Tracking

Google Analytics

dropdown navbar

Pin It button on image hover