June 9, 2011

{Buy} The Good And The Returned

Hi readers! It's almost time to do the Friday dance! Yaay!

I will be out of commission this weekend as my Hubby and I are meeting his family in Sanibel Island, FL for a little beach time!

Lately I've been making a few purchases that have been both successful and disappointing. I've decided to share them with you, my beautiful readers. I've noticed with a few of my Anthropologie purchases, I've had more misses than hits, which is unfortunate because I really like the store. I may have to (gasp) make the hour-long trip to the brick and mortar store or rely heavily on product reviews from other bloggers. Those shipping fees can add up. Luckily, there is currently free shipping and 25% off sale apparel!

I'll start with what I kept first, since many people will choose the bad news when asked, "do you want the good news or bad news first?".





1. Anthropologie Lengthy Days Vest: Seen here on yesterday's post. (similar style here)
2. Anthropologie River Bends Tunic: I tried this on in store when it was full price. As soon as it went on sale, I had to have it! (similar with longer sleeves and cutouts here)
3. Ruche Seeking Isla Carralvo Pocket Top: This was a part of my very first purchase from this store. I think Anthro might have some competition! This top fit perfectly and I can't wait to wear it.
4. Anthropologie San Pedro Pencil Skirt: I had a tough time choosing either this color or the turquoise. I'm happy with my selection as the yellow isn't as bright as it appears online and it will work perfectly in the fall. I highly recommend going up one size.
5. Ruche Daphne Venetto Stripe Dress: This will be perfect for our weekend trip. Very easy and lightweight!


Now for what had to go back!





1. Anthropologie Aflush Necklace: Not my cup of tea. The length wasn't as long as it seems.
2. Anthropologie Light As Air Pullover: I really like this top. It was light as air, but the knit was so delicate, I was afraid to wear any jewelry when I tried it on. Since I have a tendency to snag all of my knits, I decided this was too delicate to keep.
3. Modcloth Wine Cellar Vest: I really wanted to love this vest, but the quality was lacking. I won't give up on Modcloth though. I've had more successes than failures.
4. Anthropologie Metallurgy Necklace: I thought this would have been a metal necklace, but it's actually woven fabric. I liked it, but not enough to keep it.
5. Anthropologie Plait & Pleat Skirt: I actually love this skirt! I don't know why I bought it in white though. I don't own any skirts or pants in white. I feel exposed when I wear white on the bottom (strange right?)
6. Leifsdottir Striped Halter Dress: I found it! But it wasn't my size (pout). I bought it from a sample sale site so I can't exchange it for one size up.
7. Anthropolgie Blooming Bulbs Dress: The first time I saw this dress, I knew I had to have it. The pattern is more impressive in person! It looks like a painted canvas. The parting is bittersweet since it didn't fit and sizing up would not have been an improvement.

nrelate

rewardStyle Tracking

Google Analytics

dropdown navbar

Pin It button on image hover