February 9, 2011

Stormy Weather

Good evening, readers!

Thank you for the well-wishes yesterday. I am feeling much better although not back to 100%. It was very difficult for me to get out of bed this morning, but I'm glad I did so that I can bring you today's look.

Contrary to what the title says, it didn't storm here today. In fact, it was bright and sunny with a mild breeze. A perfect day to be outdoors. One of the reasons for my post is that I woke up with Ella Fitzgerald's version of the song Stormy Weather stuck in my head. Click here to hear a sample sung by one of my favorite jazz singers.

Here's a fun fact about me: every morning I have a song in my head that won't go away for a few hours. It's usually a song I haven't heard in a while. The only way for me to get rid of it playing over and over in my head is to listen to the song once. After that, I can function normally. Weird, right?

The other reason for this post's title is the color palette I chose to wear. It reminds me of the sky after it has stormed. I think the song may have influenced what I decided to wear today. I threw in my favorite accessories to throw in saturated colors.

My Hubby was behind the camera making me laugh this time






Tee: Ann Taylor (buy it here on sale!)
Pants: The Limited (similar style here)
Shoes: B. Makowsky (similar style here in an on-trend kitten heel)
Scarf: Gift from MIL (similar and very pretty style here)
Necklace: Anthropologie

nrelate

rewardStyle Tracking

Google Analytics

dropdown navbar

Pin It button on image hover