February 16, 2011

Black Horse/Cherry Tree

Happy Hump Day, readers! 

I wanted to try something a bit different today and pair colors that I wouldn't normally wear together. I started with my cardigan, and I held it up to every top in my closet. I came up with my blue Banana Republic sweater. I don't know why this top and not a a purple blouse, or why I didn't give up and go with a neutral. It just stuck with me, like those darn songs that stick to my thoughts every single morning. (This morning it was  Black Horse & The Cherry Tree by KT Tunstall. Have a listen to the sample.)

When I put the look together I thought that something was lacking. I didn't want to wear a traditional belt with this look, so I dug around my scarf drawer and decided on a gift I received from my aunt many Holiday's ago. I normally wear it in my hair, but wanted to give it a dual purpose, so I tied it around my waste. Voila! A look that I wouldn't give up on!

I took a trip to Tampa last weekend and went to Anthropologie to return a few items that didn't quite work out. While there, I browsed the accessories section when I spotted them. These beautiful golden orbs begging to be apart of my growing family of jewelry. Of course, I happily obliged! I couldn't get a very good shot of them, though. Still learning the ropes with my new camera. 




Sweater: Banana Republic
Cardigan: Anthropologie Shadow Sleeve cardigan
Pants: Ann Taylor Loft
Scarf worn as belt: Gift
Necklace: Forever 21
Shoes: Boutique 9
Earrings: Anthropologie Orb D'Oro earrings (buy them here)



nrelate

rewardStyle Tracking

Google Analytics

dropdown navbar

Pin It button on image hover