January 16, 2012

{ Closet } Staples

Hello readers and happy Monday! I hope your Monday went well and that you enjoyed the holiday if you had the day off.

While packing for our move back in September, I realized that my closet was lacking quite a few classic pieces that I knew I needed. I've known for a little while now that I needed these items, but every time I came across a sale, I would tend to purchase clothes that were not a necessity.

I will try not to shop in the next few months, except to purchase one of these key items to make my wardrobe complete. Wish me luck!

Closet Staples

1. Wedge Sandal: My closet is full of sandals (both flat and heeled), but not this foot-saving, versatile piece. The color would go with just about everything I have in my closet. {Buy it here, in black, similar in brown}

2. Leather Jacket: This is another item I've wanted for many years now. I have a very hard time shelling out hundreds of dollars on one item. Since this is a staple I may bite the bullet or try to find a steal on eBay. {buy it here, faux version, similar in brown}

3. Black Ankle Boots: This item can be worn with anything: skinny jeans, dresses, skirts, shorts. Now to find a similar pair on sale... {similar here, similar on sale!}

4. White Button-down Shirt: Believe it or not, I really don't have a plain white shirt. I have every variation on the plain white shirt, though. {Buy it here, similar here}

5. Trench Coat: A classic Burberry Trench is on my wishlist which I hope to get this year. It's a perfect topper to create a polished look. {buy it here, similar here on sale!}

6. Classic Shoulder Bag: With it's simple styling and timeless color, this satchel is large enough to hold the essentials, but small enough not to overpower any outfit. {buy it here}

7. Winter White Coat: Not necessarily a closet staple for some, but a brighter version for anyone sick of wearing black. {buy it here, similar here}

8. Boyfriend Jeans: I have every cut under the sun, but not this more laid-back version. I would wear them with a vintage-y rocker tee and chucks or a blouse with ankle boots or pumps. {similar here on sale!}

9. Black Skirt: I used to have a black pencil skirt but it had a fan pleat detail at the hem on the left side. I really loved that skirt, but realized it was too trendy to stand the test of time. {similar here}

10. Brown Ankle Boots: See #3. A bit more "dressed down" from the black version. {buy it here on sale!}

I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

-K

nrelate

rewardStyle Tracking

Google Analytics

dropdown navbar

Pin It button on image hover