Today I will share with you my skincare regimen and products that I use. When I first started this post my skin type was Combination, but since moving to the Bay Area, my skin type changed to Dry within the first 2 months. My skin pretty much rejected most of my products in the form of breakouts across my forehead, cheeks and chin. I knew I had to make a few changes for the new climate if I wanted my skin to be healthy again. I've only been using these products for a month now, so a couple of the products that I mention are either samples that I received or products that I intend to try once the samples run out.
My daily skincare routine is made up of the products above. I've listed them in the order in which they are used.
1. Aveda Botanical Kinetics Purifying Gel Cleanser: I've been using this gel cleanser since college. It makes my skin feel clean without feeling stripped. I buy the largest size bottle since there's more product for the money and it lasts 6-8 months.
2. Clarisonic Mia 2: (Get 20% off at Skinstore.com with coupon code NEW2012!) I've been using this gem for a little over a month now and I can't believe I didn't purchase this sooner. I use the Mia in conjunction with my gel cleanser and I'm happy with the results. The brush heads are very gentle, even the deep pore brush, and it makes my skin feel very clean. I've also noticed that I use less product with the Mia, so it kind of pays for itself over time. Did I mention they come in a rainbow of colors and prints?
3. Humphrey's Organic Witch Hazel: I used to use witch hazel as a toner in high school, but stopped for some reason when I started college. Years later I've reignited my love for this simple toner. It's extremely gentle and it makes my skin feel cleaner (if that's even possible with the Mia) after I use it. You can find witch hazel in any drugstore like CVS or Drugstore.com if shopping online.
4. Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum: With the drier climate out west, compared to the humidity back in FL, I thought it would be important to add an extra layer of moisture protection to my skin to help keep the good in and the bad out. I received this as a sample when trying to decide on skincare products at Sephora. It works well as a serum and it's made right here in the Bay Area, but with a $95 price tag, it's too pricey to add to my arsenal.
5. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster: I also received this as a sample from Sephora and I like this serum much better than the Algenist. It's packed with Vitamin C and it feels like it truly seals in the moisture. Once the Algenist runs out I will either add this serum or the next to my arsenal.
6. Ole Henriksen African Red Tea See The Difference Serum: I haven't tried this serum yet, but it seems like it would work similarly to the Truth Serum. I'm on the fence since I know I already like the Truth Serum, but the budding skincare product junky in me wants to give this a shot first.
7. Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15: As the name suggests I only use this moisturizer during the day because of the sunscreen. It's very difficult for me to find a moisturizer that is lightweight enough not to make my skin slick, but heavy enough to take away any tightness I might feel after cleansing. This product does the trick!
8. Boscia Oil-Free Nightly Hydration: Like it's daytime counterpart, this product is lightweight and provides the perfect amount of moisture for my skin. I highly recommend this duo if you're ready for a change.
9. Aveda Green Science Firming Eye Creme: I've been a huge fan of Aveda for many years and I use their skincare products as well as haircare products (separate post). One gripe I do have about the line is the discontinuation of products that I really love. I've had to change products that I love so many times I lost count. This eye cream is something that I've changed to after they discontinued their Tourmaline Charged Eye Cream. So far I like it, but I won't hold my breath that it will be around when it's time to replenish my supply.
10. Aveda Lip Saver: Just a simple lip balm that I never leave home without.
1. Aveda Outer Peace Acne Spot Relief: I use this as needed whenever I have a break-out. It works beautifully. I use it as soon as I notice a hint of acne and it will only stick around for 2-3 days max.
2. June Jacobs Perfect Pumpkin Peeling Enzyme Masque: Say that fast 5 times! I use this mask once a week and I L O V E I T! It smells so delicious and it tingles so good. I've read other reviewers who will leave this mask on for 15 minutes or longer. I stick to the recommended time since it has the word "Peeling" in its name.
3. Phytomer Contour Radieux Eye Mask: Ok. I'm obsessed with my eyes. Eye cream isn't enough so I use a mask specifically for the eye area, too. I have noticed that it helps with dark circles and the wrinkles I don't have yet because I'm completely obsessed with my eyes!