July 10, 2011

{Eat} Florida Strawberry Muffins

Hi readers and happy Sunday!

I've been on a short hiatus from the blog for a few reasons. Did you miss me? I missed posting my looks and reading my favorite blogs. I'm in the process of coming up with a new design for my blog, which is taking a lot of my free time. We're also in the process of deciding whether or not we should move as our lease is coming up in September. The house we're renting is way too big for our needs, so moving into a smaller place would be ideal.

When I woke up this morning I had a serious craving for muffins. We had strawberries in the fridge I didn't want to waste so I made Florida Strawberry Muffins. I found the recipe from Allrecipes.com after a quick Google search. I wasn't sure how it would turn out so I didn't take pictures of the process. When I bake them again, I'll update this post.

I made a couple of changes to the recipe and I think it turned out well. To cut down on the sugar, I used 1/4 cup of sugar on the strawberries instead of 1/2 cup and I added cinnamon to compliment the nutmeg. The bake time is for 18 to 20 minutes, but I only needed to bake for approximately 14 to 16 minutes. I would definitely stick around the oven while baking to monitor the brown-ness (is that a word?).

Here's the finished product. If any of you lovely readers decide to make the recipe, please be sure to come back and let me know how it turned out!





nrelate

rewardStyle Tracking

Google Analytics

dropdown navbar

Pin It button on image hover