April 8, 2011

Yay or Nay?

Happy Friday, readers! Waahooo!

Is anyone as excited as I am that it's this close to the weekend? Anyone?

I wore a new pair of pants yesterday from Anthropologie (where else, right?). I really like the button selection, the fabric choice, and the cut (slightly high-waist). The only issue I have with them is whether or not I like the straight leg, or if I want the hem to taper. I know that tapered hems and hourglass/pear shapes don't mix because it accentuates the widest part of the body (the hips). For some reason though, I think I can make it work with these pants because of the higher rise and I could also pair them with other items in the same color family. But then if I do that, I'm limiting myself to the different ways that I can wear it. See my dilemma?! That's only a taste of the carnival in my mind. It's filled with cotton candy machines, tilt-a-whirls, side-shows, carnies; it's packed in there!

Before I digress further, I will ask for your opinion. I took 2 sets of photos for this post, one with my pants worn as designed and the other with the hem pinned. To taper or not to taper? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.


Worn as designed




 Worn tapered

Blouse: Ann Taylor LOFT (similar style here)
Cropped pants: Anthropologie Navy Days Crops (buy them here on sale!)
Belt: Anthropologie (similar style here)
Shoes: Kors Michael Kors (similar style here)
Necklace: Anthropologie 

nrelate

rewardStyle Tracking

Google Analytics

dropdown navbar

Pin It button on image hover